The Penn, Indiana University of Pennsylvania’s twice-weekly student newspaper, has been serving IUP students and the Indiana community since 1926.
According to The Penn’s constitution, our mission is to:
- Inform the readership of activities and affairs pertinent to the university.
- Review and comment on issues of concern to the readership.
- Examine aspects of the university, recommending reform when appropriate.
- Serve as a medium through which students, faculty and administrators may contact the IUP community.
- Provide a practicum for students in the field of journalism, business and graphics production.
Feel free to stop by our newsroom in the Hadley Union Building, Room 235, if you have any questions, comments or concerns during our business hours Monday- Friday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To increase readership by setting a standard of accurate, intriguing and engaging content online and in print, free of charge to the IUP community.