‘Princess Diaries 3’ could soon become reality

It has been 12 years since the release of the last installment in “The Princess Diaries” film series.  In the words of Princess Mia, “shut. up.”

Fans of the films received exciting news from the director, Garry Marshall, earlier this month.

“I was with Anne Hathaway a couple of weeks ago, [and] it looks like we want to do ‘Princess Diaries 3’ in Manhattan,” Marshall said in a March 14 People article.

There is no set date to begin production of this anticipated sequel, but Marshall continued: “Anne Hathaway is very pregnant, so we have to wait until she has the baby and then I think we’re going to do it.”

There has also been speculation about whether Chris Pine will reprise his role as Nicholas. “Maybe,” Marshall said in response to speculation. “He’s quite big now, you know.”

To recap, the two teen comedies gave fans hope that every girl will be able to acquire a fairy-tale life – no matter how clumsy and unprofessional they are – like Princess Mia (Hathaway) did.

“The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement” left its fans knowing that Princess Mia was finally crowned queen of Genovia after her grandmother (Julie Andrews) carried the title for many years.

She also found her Prince Charming, Nicholas Devereaux, portrayed by Pine.

Now, all fans can do is keep their fingers crossed in hopes that that the fairy tale of Queen Mia and Nicholas will continue in the next installment of “The Princess Diaries” films.