- Holiday Reader
- Wet Ink
- Men’s Sports
- Women’s Sports
- Club & Intramural Sports
- Out of Bounds
- Contact Us
This homecoming weekend, the streets of Indiana were filled with floats representing “Countries Around the World” Saturday at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania Homecoming Parade.
Eighty-eight units, ranging from floats to high school bands, participated in the parade, according to chair of the Homecoming Parade Brianna Drylie in an Oct. 2 interview.
The float competitions included:
• 1st place – Greece by Alpha Sigma Tau, Alpha Xi Delta, Delta Sigma Phi, Phi Mu Delta. Award sponsored by the Alumni Association.
• 2nd place – China by Delta Tau Sigma, Alpha Gamma Delta, Delta Gamma, Phi Kappa Tau. Award sponsored by the Co-Op Store.
• 3rd place – Chile by Sigma Kappa, Kappa Sigma, Delta Zeta, Phi Delta Theta, Caring About Latino Student Achievement. sAward sponsored by ARAMARK.
• 4th place – Australia by Phi Kappa Psi, Theta Phi Alpha, Sigma Sigma Sigma, Pi Lambda Phi. Award sponsored by Student Government Association.
• 5th place – Egypt by Delta Phi Epsilon, Sigma Pi, Alpha Sigma Alpha, Zeta Tau Alpha, Sigma Chi. Award sponsored by the Foundation for IUP.
The judges of the float competition were: Michael Hood, dean of fine arts; Peter Broad, borough judge; Sandy Trimble, community judge from The Artist’s Hand; and Brittany Coleman (senior, art), president of the Student Art Association.
The Homecoming Parade started at 10 a.m. and lasted about an hour.